At Beardy Pete’s Shaving Emporium we take privacy very seriously, and we don’t like spam. If you consent to emails, we might email you from time to time to show you stuff we think you might like, but we will never, ever, sell or give your details to anyone.
Information We Collect
- Contact number
- Email address
- Your payment details (if saved, as above)
Why We Collect This Information
We require this information, quite simply, so that we know to whom and where to send products, and how to contact you if there are any issues regarding your order.
Additionally, if you specifically consent to promotional emails, we may periodically send you a newsletter or other information about new products or services offered by Beardy Pete’s Shaving Emporium.
You will, of course, be able to opt out at any time and, pursuant to The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), you will only receive such emails if you have freely given your consent for us to use your information in this way.
As the information we collect about you is extremely limited, much of this section will not apply. However, we are obliged to tell you the rights you have in respect of the personal information we hold on you. (You have these rights in relation to any organisation’s collection and use of your information.)
Individuals have a right to make a subject access request to gain access to personal information that any organisation holds about them. If you make a subject access request, insofar as these points apply, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and processing it, and how long we will keep it for
- Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
- Give you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
You may also have the right for your personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances.
If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under data protection legislation, individuals also have certain rights regarding how their personal data is used and kept safe. You have the right to:
- Object to the use of your personal data if it would cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent your data being used for direct marketing
- Object to the use of your personal data for decisions being taken by automatic means (by a computer or machine, rather than a person)
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data corrected, deleted or destroyed, or restrict its processing
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a proven breach of the data protection regulations
Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive to allow for web traffic analysis and enhance user experience when revisiting websites. They do not give us access to your computer or any information about you.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but these settings can be changed. If you choose to decline cookies some aspects of our site, and other websites, may not function correctly.
Links To Other Websites